[Foundation-l] Re: a crazy idea...

Dan Grey dangrey at gmail.com
Sun Sep 11 08:47:57 UTC 2005

On 10/09/05, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote: I wonder if
> something like a namespace "foundation" could be created within meta,
> which would clearly mention these pages are "official" (whatever that
> means" while others may reflect other opinions.

I think that could be quite confusing - the people who I imagine look
for Wikimedia Foundation info probably don't understand the concept of
"namespaces".

Personally, I think a seperate WMF website is vital. The WMF is the
legal entity that owns and effectively controls everything else
Wikimedia - we need a high-quality presentation of what the WMF is and
what it does, and also provides a professional-quality point of
contact, especially for members of the media . The WMF wiki provides
this, in my opinion.

Dan