[Foundation-l] Donation drive stopped early with insufficient funds collected

Jimmy Wales jwales at wikia.com
Wed Sep 7 11:33:01 UTC 2005

Daniel Mayer wrote:
> That is a technical issue, not a policy one. My suggestion is for the German
> chapter to act on one of their hosting offers, buy a bunch of servers to use as
> squids and then we can work out the ownership issues later.

My recommendation is that the German chapter continue to work closely
with the Foundation and NOT go out and randomly accept a hosting offer
and buy random servers.

The building of a coherent global network is a significant technical and
organizational challenge that many good people are working hard on, and
I do not think it is wise to give advice like this.

--Jimbo