[Foundation-l] Re: We made it !!!!!!

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Sep 2 19:39:01 UTC 2005

valdelli at bluemail.ch wrote:
> Yes, for the French people. :)
>
> Ilario

No. Not really. Not only for french people. Each time we have a major
media display in a country, the *whole* project directly or indirectly
benefit from it.

I have been on Wikipedia for now 3 years and a half, and for all this
time, I have been dreaming on us having an article in Le Monde. We had
once a tiny little report in the cultural section. Very little impact.
But here, we are featured on first page.

The impact of this is likely to be huge, because it means a sort of
recognition. In particular we can expect
1) more fear from all those we are currently in competition with, so
possibly more attacks
2) but mostly more interest from potential partners, be it firms,
organisations, associations, academics etc...

The implications might be various. Possibly an impact on the publication
of a DVD (which might be interesting for more than just french people).
Possibly a partnership for publication of wikireaders (and similarly,
why would we limit that to french language ?). Possibly a lever to
negociate with organisations such as ESA, which would benefit all of us.
And quite possibly as well, more donations, since we are currently in
the middle of a fund drive (more money will benefit all of us).

We are together in this Ilario. Not just french, or just italian ;-)

ant