[Foundation-l] Re: Trademark violation

Any File anysomefile at gmail.com
Sun Oct 30 22:18:01 UTC 2005

 Daniel Mayer  wrote:
> This is what really caught my eye: "Webhosting Provider, Aplus.Net, Launches
> Media Wiki" along with the first sentence: "San Diego webhosting provider,
> Aplus.Net, has introduced a new offering to its customers - the Media Wiki."
> and "The new product is licensed under the GNU Public License, and is the same
> system that serves popular collaborative sites such as Wikipedia.org."
>
> How can they launch MediaWiki when it already exists? MediaWiki is *not* a new
> product of Aplus.Net. *That* along with the other things I mentioned is
> confusing the brand ID.

I should agree with mav.
The message is measling or at least that someone can measlead it.

The message may lead to belive that MediaWiki software was created by
themselves.

Of course is not a severe problem, just a clearer statment would be better.

In any case since tradmark law required the prooves of active
protection could be shown, a request to them to clarify their message
can be useful in this aspect.

AnyFile