[Foundation-l] Benefits of advertising (was Our exponentially increasing costs)

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Thu Oct 27 12:29:41 UTC 2005

> >I wonder how they'd pay for their fork...
>

> A fork would be a disaster for both prongs of the fork, but that
> doesn't mean it wouldn't be a certainty.

You've said that twice now, but I think it's far from obvious. A fork, with
those who don't mind ads participating on one site, and those who do mind
ads participating on another site, wouldn't necessarily be a disaster. As
long as there was cooperation between the two sides, it could actually be a
good thing. You know, survival of the fittest and everything.