[Foundation-l] Deletion of Wikibooks content by Jimbo

Jim Trodel trodel at gmail.com
Tue Nov 29 19:20:17 UTC 2005

All

Please review,
http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Wikibooks:Votes_for_undeletion#The_Manual_of_Crime,
on
"The Manual of Crime" - this is so absurd and contrary to the mission of
wikibooks that I can't believe it is still there.

In addition to not having any class for which it could be a textbook, it is
subject to subtle vandalism of the type pointed out by Whiteknight:

*

> Many rapists use a gun or a knife to threaten their victims with bodily
> harm to keep them compliant. You may hear things like "stop, please" but
> don't let that discourage you. Tonight is your night. Don't let anything
> stand in your way.*

Tonight is your night"? This isnt a textbook, and this isn't going to teach
> anybody, nor is it going to make anybody any more safe by knowing this
> stuff. This book is disgusting, plain and simple. Now, I would not be
> against a book entitled "How to Avoid Crime", or "How not to be a victim of
> crime*",* or "how to survive a violent attack", or something like that.
> This book however is a blot on the wiki project, and needs to be deleted. So
> help me, I will get jimbo in here to delete this one personally if the vote
> here doesnt reach a *delete* concensus. --Whiteknight<http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/User:Whiteknight>
> T <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/User_talk:Whiteknight>C<http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Special:Contributions/Whiteknight>
> E <http://en.wikibooks.org/wiki/Special:Emailuser/Whiteknight> 18:52, 29
> November 2005 (UTC)

I agree this is a blot on the wikiproject. Those that seem to think Jimbo's
actions are an abuse, please read the comments on the VfUnD - and help get
this project focused through reasoned debate or the board, as a trustee of
our reputation, may be forced to take unilateral action again.

Jim
--
Jim (trodel at gmail.com)
"Our love may not always be reciprocated, or