[Foundation-l] FW: [DIGLIB] Library of Congress plans world digital library

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Thu Nov 24 04:16:54 UTC 2005

For us I think there is a positioning issue to be resolved.  It would
certainly make sense to have some kind of presentation at Wikimania
2006.  What can we do to inject sustained added value in our projects to
keep them from becoming overwhelmed?  What will keep them different?
How can we ensure that the worth of volunteerism is properly credited,
or that what already belongs to the public does not become entangled in
a web of copyrights.

Ec

Jakob wrote:

> Hi,
>
> Her are some other people also trying to collect the knowledge of the
> world. We should get more in contact with them (for instance a
> presentation by LOC's activities at Wikimania 2006).

. . .