[Foundation-l] Incubator Wiki for New Wikimedia Projects (was Vote to create Wikiversity Vote)

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Mon Nov 14 15:43:51 UTC 2005

> >I also don't see why a wiki for game cards or for elementary schools
> >or for (to use another example) dead people wouldn't make a good wiki.
> > In fact, at some point or another I've proposed the latter two as
> >projects.
> >
> As far as I'm concerned, whatever we have on these belongs in Wikipedia.
> We only need bold and courageous action to deal with the deletion madness.

I probably agree with you.  But there is pretty strong opposition to
Wikipedia being a phone book, a knowledge base, a geneology website,
or a memorial website, though I think these all fit clearly within the
scope of Wikimedia (and in fact much of "What Wikipedia is not" does).
 I seriously doubt the scope of Wikipedia is going to be expanded to
include these things.

Anthony