[Foundation-l] Incubator Wiki for New Wikimedia Projects

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Mon Nov 14 14:09:56 UTC 2005

On 11/14/05, Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> Wikijunior is a set of textbooks for kids. Textbooks are developed at
> Wikibooks, so having a separate place to develop textbooks for kids would be
> infringing on the Wikibooks mandate and forking that project.

I think it's interesting to note that the same argument could be made
for Wikipedia and Wiktionary.  Aren't they just projects to make
educational books?  Sep11, simple, wikispecies.  I'm not sure where
you draw the line between what goes in Wikibooks and what shouldn't.
Wikinews is clearly separate, but other than that...

This probably has something to do with the reason that people see
wikibooks as an incubator wiki.

Wikiversity might be even worse in this sense - as I see it it would
be essentially a superset of Wikibooks anyway.

Anthony