[Foundation-l] Wikijunior and Wikibooks - not so perfect together? (was Incubator Wiki for New Wikimedia Projects)

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Mon Nov 14 13:59:10 UTC 2005

> As long as Wikijunior was only for producing age-appropriate textbooks
> for children it was probably fine in Wikibooks.  Something, however,
> which specifically seeks the participation of children is something
> else.  I think that the participation level may be easy to attain.  A
> far more worrisome problem would be what kind of people are involved.
> If parents start to see it as a haven for predators the damage could be
> severe.  Security standards need to be much higher than in the other
> projects.
>
> Ec

I thought that was the original idea of Wikijunior (creating
age-appropriate
books/encyclopedias/wikireaders/whateveryouwanttocallthem).  That
said, now that I hear from Jimbo that Wikibooks is supposed to be only
for textbooks, and not any type of book, maybe junior.wikipedia.org
would have been a better place from the get-go.

Anyway, apparently that isn't the case any more.  I haven't really followed.