[Foundation-l] Incubator Wiki for New Wikimedia Projects

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Nov 14 02:45:01 UTC 2005

--- Ray Saintonge <saintonge at telus.net> wrote:
> As long as Wikijunior was only for producing age-appropriate textbooks
> for children it was probably fine in Wikibooks.  Something, however,
> which specifically seeks the participation of children is something
> else.  I think that the participation level may be easy to attain.  A
> far more worrisome problem would be what kind of people are involved.
> If parents start to see it as a haven for predators the damage could be
> severe.  Security standards need to be much higher than in the other
> projects.

I don't foresee kids going to Wikibooks to view Wikijunior books. I do see them
going to a static pre-approved snapshot of Wikijunior books at wikijunior.org.

In a similar fashion, static pre-approved snapshots of regular textbooks from
Wikibooks that are part of Wikiversity courses could be hosted at
wikiversity.org.

-- mav