[Foundation-l] CheckUser questions

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Fri Nov 11 03:44:08 UTC 2005

> Taking the tool away after it has been used seems to defeat the original
> purpose of this discussion.  What's the difference between finding a
> steward to grant CheckUser privileges and finding one to simply run the
> CheckUser himself?

Very diffrent. It isn't always expected a steward then available can
read the language of project in investigation and it is very hard to
caliculate and  determine if some edits likely belogns to one same
editor. A checkuser priviledged editor from that project could however
be expected to be fluent in its language.

In adition, checkuser hasn't been a part of originally concerning
stewards' tasks, and the requests for not only checkuser but also for
other permissions has been growing in number due to our rapid and
constant growth.  It is therefore reasonable in my opnion to find
people who take care of that task.

--
Aphaea@*.wikipedia.org
email: Aphaia @ gmail (dot) com