[Foundation-l] Re: Hosting scans of the 1911 BritannicaonWikimedia

Poe, Marshall MPoe at theatlantic.com
Wed Nov 9 18:32:30 UTC 2005

Anthony wrote:
> I think we're probably all in agreement that the processed images
should go in the Commons. >.And the processed text should go into
Wikisource. In the mean time, well, I don't think it >.really matters
that much.

Maybe all processed images should go on Commons, but isn't it the case
that *some* processed images would serve the purposes of WikiSource, and
therefore go on Wikisource as well?  Imagine, for example, that you had
a good image of the original draft of the Magna Carta, or the
Declaration of Independence.  Wouldn't WikiSource benefit from the
inclusion of such a source?

--Marshall Poe