[Foundation-l] Re: Hosting scans of the 1911 Britannica onWikimedia

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 17:00:56 UTC 2005

Hm. Good points. I think you are correct. This should be on Commons and we
should work with Distributed Proofreaders on this (no special subdomain; treat
like any other related set of images). Keeping the images and the resulting
proofread ASCII text that will go into Wikisource in the public domain is also
important.

Oh, and I'm pretty sure that scans of PD work are still PD in the U.S.

-- mav