[Foundation-l] Re: Hosting scans of the 1911 Britannica on Wikimedia

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 9 12:59:59 UTC 2005

-- Daniel Mayer <maveric149 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> --- Tim Starling <t.starling at physics.unimelb.edu.au> wrote:
> > The only question in my mind is the domain: should this be under
> > eb1911.wikipedia.org? We could make it visually distinct, to avoid
> confusion
> > with Wikipedia itself. Or would eb1911.wikimedia.org be better? Or
> > eb1911.wikisource.org?
>
> It absolutely should *not* be on a Wikipedia subdomain. Wikisource is the
> place for this.

If a subdomain at Wikisource is needed, then it should not be a wiki. Ideally
we would have book support in Wikisource that would all this to be put directly
in Wikisource. But I can accept having this on a separate subdomain until that
feature is added and only if the interim subdomain hack will not host a wiki.

-- mav