[Foundation-l] Re: CheckUser questions

David Gerard dgerard at gmail.com
Wed Nov 9 10:38:34 UTC 2005

Anthere wrote:

>As a reference, which might be interesting, David makes checks every
>day. Yesterday (a bad day I guess), he made over a hundred checks. At
>this rate, clearly, more than 1 and actually more than 2 must have the
>tool in the hand.

Yeah. Yesterday I was running a check on someone with lots of dialup
accesses (AC matter, and the user came out completely clear, by the
way). This means check every IP ...

I could easily spend two or three hours a day doing nothing but
CheckUser. Considering I'm currently marked "away" on the en: ArbCom
due to work pressures, I really really don't have the time ...

en: could easily do with another five checkers. All five of the new
ones are on the ArbCom too, by the way.

We could also do with a closed mailing list for CheckUser users - IP
matching is an art, not a science, and needs experienced knowledge and
peer consultation of what's a match and what's a coincidence. (It'll
also help me/us work on [[m:Help:CheckUser]] ;-)

- d.