[Foundation-l] Proposal for New Wiki Project - WikiCharacter, a database of all fictional characters

Joe Del Senno delsenno at gmail.com
Thu Nov 3 06:47:08 UTC 2005

Hello All-

I am emailing the foundation list to propose a new wiki project.

*Wikicharacter* will be a database of every character in every published
work of fiction, ever. The database will contain pages for each character,
with links to related characters. The page for each character will be in the
form of a biography, consisting of a "history" gleaned completely from the
published materials in which the character appeared. The database will cover
books, films, television, video games, advertising, and theater.

I have made a page with details of my proposal on Meta-Wiki:
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/WikiCharacter

Please, if you are interested in this project, add your name to the proposed
projects page, and either email me directly or respond to this message.

I have thought about this project for a long time, and put it aside due to
the difficulty involved in amassing such data. Only recently did I realize
that Wiki will be an excellent way to bring it to life. I am excited about
the possibilities. Thank you all for your consideration, and I'd appreciate
any and all comments regarding the project. - Joseph Del Senno