[Foundation-l] check user policy

Anthony DiPierro wikilegal at inbox.org
Wed Nov 2 17:37:47 UTC 2005

On 11/2/05, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:

> As a reminder, a check user policy is being worked out on meta.
>
> You may find it here :
> http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposed_CheckUser_Policy
>
> Though the opinion of many was seeked out, rather few people commented.
> Which might mean approval or disapproval. I just do *not* really know.

 Personally I just started using Tor. So CheckUser doesn't affect me any
more. As an added bonus I don't have to worry about Google tracking me
either. Fortunately, most Tor exit nodes aren't currently blocked, though.
If this changes, this workaround might go away. Hopefully the other policy,
to allow (at least some) logged in users to edit through blocked proxies,
will pass by then.