[Foundation-l] check user policy

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Nov 2 06:55:26 UTC 2005

As a reminder, a check user policy is being worked out on meta.

You may find it here :
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Proposed_CheckUser_Policy

Though the opinion of many was seeked out, rather few people commented.
Which might mean approval or disapproval. I just do *not* really know.

On the other hand, amongst the comments this proposed policy got :
* if this policy goes live, horrible things will happen
* give me checkuser access now, we need it anyway
* you are too slow in doing this policy and blocking the process.

I am a bit pissed off :-)

So, what I propose is a 7 days approval.
If there is support or no comments at all (or minor constructive
comments) within 7 days, this policy will go live.

If comments such "horrible things will happen" or equivalent comments
are made, I will simply put that policy in the *trash*.

The policy which will then go live until *someone else* works on a
general policy, will be very simple : you ask Jimbo (and Jimbo only) (I
am sure he will hate it so much that it will not last long anyway)

Anthere