[Foundation-l] Re: Official Positions

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Thu May 26 17:02:07 UTC 2005

Sj a écrit:
> It sounds as though these positions are responsibilities to stay
> informed and to be available to the Board, as much as they are for
> 'assisting external collaboration,' which, as Anthere noted, dozens of
> community members do every month.  Let's make sure that explicit
> community groups form around each of these topics, so that there is
> also parallel internal collaboration.
>
> When opportunities for external collaboration arise, I hope the points
> of contact continue to be distributed among those active in that area,
> to further spread recognition of effort beyond these eight named
> positions and to avoid overloading anyone.
>
> By the way, we may be slowly countering our own systemic bias, but we
> are still enormous geeks -- half of the positions are related to
> technology!  And the rest to money, glory, and the Law.  Content and
> usability must fit in somewhere... I suppose those are too fundamental
> and important to have made the list, rather than too boring and
> silent.  Still, a usability group and a content quality group are much
> needed; and similar officers would have work enough to stay busy.
>
> -- SJ

I am not very convinced. I think the positions selected really stick to
the Foundation issues. And it is not the Foundation role imho to get
involved with "content" or "quality" or "usability" directly. These are
more communities issues. Imho. Well, at least, this is my opinion right
now, I could be convinced otherwise.

Ant