[Foundation-l] Re: 100, 000 files uploaded to the Wikimedia Commons

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Tue May 24 00:52:54 UTC 2005

Anthere-

> It is easy to use the work done by others to make one's appear great.

Yes. It is not quite as easy to write a press release from scratch, to
find media examples, to determine the 100,000th file with an SQL query
and contact the uploader for a quote, to get another quote from Jimbo,
to count the number of files of particlar types, to get the community
involved in all of this, to coordinate translations and, finally, to
distribute the press release. Besides doing this, I also managed the
Directmedia upload, which is part of the press release and was a
time-intensive project over several weeks. Of the press release itself,
I wrote 79.8%.

It's nice that you indirectly contributed to the press release and
coordinated the honorary mentions, thank you. Thanks also to everyone
else who helped, particularly Raul654 (8.3%), Angela (11.2%), and the
translators. Now, as for the above, I will interpret it as a general
rant and not directed at me. Please do correct me if I'm wrong.

Erik