[Foundation-l] Re: STOP Translations needed: Wikimedia Commons reaches 100, 000 uploads

Aphaia aphaia at gmail.com
Sun May 22 06:44:24 UTC 2005

'lut toute le monde,

On 5/22/05, Anthere <anthere9 at yahoo.com> wrote:
> It is certainly what was planned. And this is why I suggested to Villy
> he writes the announcement beforehand. I already gave it to Amgine (2 or
> 3 weeks ago), so that wikinews also can prepare it beforehand as well.
> But it should not be on WMF before the official announcement.

D'accord, il y a me^me problem du Yahoo! annoncement peut-e^tre ...

> Well, we have a little organisation problem here. And this is the second
> time in this month.

> We have official statements to do... but they can not be public until a
> certain date (essentially because of partners asking that they do not be
> so)... and we hope them to be fully translated in several languages just
> on the date of publishing.

On Yahoo! annoncement it was enough for us to leave each translators
"please give a look to WMF home, and translate it, please" beforehand
or after it was released, and as you know, announcement became
available in over five languages within 20 minutes.

But we were fortunate and helped by many chances. If I was into
wikibreak before reading you message, or some of translators would
have not noticed our messages and so on ...

> Either we give up this idea, or we find a way to set up a "nominative"
> team of trusted translators to take care of it on a private wiki or by mail.

Sounds good. I don't mind if it would be private wiki or mail. Wiki is
better to collaborate but mail communication would be more robust (NO
"sorry- we have a problem ... *g)

--
Aphaea@*.wikipedia.org
email: Aphaia @ gmail (dot) com