[Foundation-l] Re: license evolution

Robin Shannon robin.shannon at gmail.com
Sat May 21 02:32:42 UTC 2005

How about this for a draft license:

Wikimedia license 1.0

Preamble,
this only exists to give us an escape route if need be

1.
Anything distributed under this license must conform to the terms and
conditions of the CC-Wiki license or the GFDL license or the CC-BY-SA
license.

2.
Anything licensed under this license will also be licensed under any
later version of this license.

------
If we put that into lawyer language, then we don't really have a
proper license, but have the ability to add in another clause in a
later version saying "and it must confom to the terms of the
foo-licnese". Hence the wikimedia foundation can in effect add a new
licnese which which will be backwards compatable when ever the need
may come up.

i dont know if this is actually legaly possible, but it might be worth a shot.

paz y amor,
-rjs

--
hit me: <robin.shannon.id.au>
jab me: <robin.shannon at jabber.org.au>

This work is released into the public domain.
<http://creativecommons.org/licenses/publicdomain>