[Foundation-l] Wikiversitophia

Yann Forget yann at forget-me.net
Wed May 11 17:08:54 UTC 2005

Hi,

Le Wednesday 11 May 2005 18:06, Rebecca a écrit :
> This whole conversation would be more productive if we were  to
>
> > discuss things like:
>
> It's already been discussed and thought about at some length, but it's
> still not ready for prime-time, as I've said before - it needs to be
> set out as clearly as Wikinews was.

Sorry, but seeing your answers below, this project seems very amateurist, not
really thought of.

> > who are the students
>
> People who want to learn stuff.

Several billions people on earth. Hopefully, we are restricted to our
planet...

> > who are the teachers
>
> People who want to teach stuff, and have enough knowledge to do so.

Against, this amazingly vague and unclear.

[skiping other very vague explanations]

> Poorly thought out project my ass. It's been thought about in some
> depth for many months. The lack of a detailed proposal, ala Wikinews,
> is more a matter of my and others being lazy than a lack of a coherent
> idea of how this would work. Just because you haven't necessarily
> heard about it doesn't mean it hasn't been happening.

This project needs real planning before doing anything else.
This is not the case upto now seeing the debate here.
BTW, why not using Wikiedu for the name, which was suggested by Anthere,
I think.

And I thing we are undertaking too much at the same time.
We can't continue starting a new project every three months, especially seeing
that recently started projects have still a lot of problems to solve.
Others people have described this very well in this thread.
It's urgent to wait before starting anything new.

> -- ambi

Yann
--
http://www.non-violence.org/ | Site collaboratif sur la non-violence