[Foundation-l] Re: Wikiversity

Mark Horner marknewlyn at yahoo.co.uk
Wed May 11 16:44:52 UTC 2005

The wiki based development suffers a lack of cohesion. The purpose of
many of the books is not very well defined, specifically the target
audience and the guidelines on writing for that audience.

The FHSST project will develop only raw content on WikiBooks, then
extract it all and edit it properly to produce a final book which can be
printed. We'll put the final content back for the community but keep a
fixed stable copy. The dynamic nature of the wikis also ensures that
schools and governments will never have confidence in the quality of the
content they would pull off one of the wikis, there is no reason to
assume that someone hasn't maliciously modified the content and waving
changelogs around isn't going to be very convincing.

My 2 cents worth.

Mark