[Foundation-l] Re: Wikiversity=>Wikisophia

James D. Forrester james at jdforrester.org
Tue May 10 22:23:36 UTC 2005

On Tuesday, May 10, 2005, at 11:12, Jean-Baptiste Soufron
<jbsoufron at gmail.com> wrote:

> Le 10 mai 05, à 12:45, Anthere a écrit :
>
> > I fear I must say the name wikiversity does speak much more
> > to me, and wikisophia is confusing. I am not very keen on
> > this name change.
>
> I agree with Anthere :)

Hmm. I rather liked someone's (whose?) suggestion of "Wikademy", which is
has the same contraction of the "Wiki" prefix to "Wik" that we have in
"Wiktionary", for example, but is strongly educationally-themed without
having too much of a Higher Education feel to it; indeed, it much more
stresses a Further Education bent which I think is the direction that the
project is heading towards... ?

Yours,
--
James D. Forrester -- Wikimedia: [[W:en:User:Jdforrester|James F.]]

Mail: james at jdforrester.org | jon at eh.org | csvla at dcs.warwick.ac.uk
IM  : (MSN) jamesdforrester at hotmail.com