[Foundation-l] Wikiversity=>Wikisophia

Delirium delirium at hackish.org
Tue May 10 09:33:21 UTC 2005

Ray Saintonge wrote:

> I find "sophia" to be a little pompous, and I also link it with the
> concept of sophistry.  Teaching wisdom is a bit akin to teaching
> common sense.

I mostly agree with this as well; I find "Wikisophia" a kind of
weird-looking name, and a bit pretentious.  I might be in the minority
(?), but I never interpreted "Wikiversity" as actually a university, but
in a more metaphorical sense---sort of like [[en:Wikipedia:Sandbox]].  I
wouldn't be averse to some other name I suppose, but I can't think of
one offhand that I like better.

-Mark