[Foundation-l] A medical glossary

Gerard Meijssen gerard.meijssen at gmail.com
Mon May 9 13:49:04 UTC 2005

Hoi,
I have spoken today with the people from www.ziekenhuis.nl
(hospital.nl)  they have a great glossary with words that are important
for people who have to go to a hospital. They give the Dutch and the
English words with a description in Dutch. I will enter these words in
the Dutch Wiktionary, I will add the pronunciation of these words and I
will mark them as the category "ziekenhuis".

The aim will be to add translations and descriptions in all languages.
This will make this resource much more important, just knowing the
translations enables much better communication between a patient and the
foreign hospital, so many people end up in hospital not being able to
communicate what their condition is, that this would make an important
resource. When we have the Ultimate Wiktionary on line, added
translations will be instantly available never mind what language you
select in your user interface.

As you may know, we already have permission to use the EU thesaurus on
Health. This will be uploaded once the Ultimate Wiktionary is on line :)

Thanks,
    GerardM