[Foundation-l] Re: meta-discussion for new project proposals (was Proposal for new project: Faith Wiki)

Sabine Cretella sabine_cretella at yahoo.it
Wed Jun 29 07:45:12 UTC 2005

One thought on that - or maybe more:

I am quite sure that what already is online from wikipedia to wikisource
can include everything.

Of course over time there will be changes in conceiving how information
should be subdivided and then linked. When I read the message about the
"believe-wiki" I thought: but this is already there ... in the different
projects.

On the Italian wiktionary for example there is a special glossary on
christianity - the thing that is lacking now would be a page where only
links to all existing "christianity articles/projects etc." are
collected. Last year, when I created the "Merry Christmas" project I
tried to do this, but that page is available on the Italian wiktionary
only. So the only thing I would create besides the project and inter
project links is one wiki where these links on special themes are
collected - where you go to a "chapter" called maybe "football" and you
find a list of all football related articles on wikipedia, wikinews,
links to glossaries etc. of course structured in a certain way. Maybe
wikidata could help us in this - I am not really sure - such a thingie
needs quite a lot of "thinking about it", but I believe that people
interested in only a specific subject would very much appreciate it if
they would not have to surf from one project to the other searching for
related articles, but finding a pool of grouped information.

I don't say we must do this now - it is as if I feel the time to be a
bit too immature to do this as there are too many changes on the way.
But I'd like to keep this in mind - it could become necessary (maybe in
another form/shape - we'll see).

Ciao, Sabine