[Foundation-l] Re: Wikimedia Research Team logo [was: Getting started]

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Mon Jun 20 22:33:12 UTC 2005

Anthere:
> First, it is *I* who changed the logo. Not the french wikipedia. Nor
> notafish. Notafish was not online when it happened, nor aware this
> change was planned.

She seemed to be quite happy about it, though.

[#wikimedia 20.06.05 20:42:54] <notafish_> everybody to the French wikipedia
[#wikimedia 20.06.05 20:43:04] <notafish_> fr is celebrating the last
day of spring :)

> It celebrates wikilove. A gesture of friendship between two friends. A
> gesture of peace between two ennemies. It comes jointly with an article
> on civility.

The point is that it doesn't even contain the text "Wikipedia". To claim
that the Research logo increases confusion externally when you replace
the French Wikipedia one with a picture which has no meaning *outside*
the community is, well, problematic at least.

Erik