[Foundation-l] Research meeting #2 notes

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Mon Jun 20 05:23:01 UTC 2005

The notes from the second Research Network meeting on Saturday are at:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Research_Network/Meetings/2005-06-18

The meeting lasted almost 3 hours, simultaneously in two separate
channels (technical and social), with lots of good ideas and
commitments. One key focus for the Research Network in the coming weeks
will be to assist Brion in the migration of Wikimedia to a single login
system, by providing GUI mock-ups and process specifications. We
discussed many details of that.

I will of course also repeat my constant call for more members:

http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_Research_Network

We are already more than 30 and still scaling well. We are really trying
to get things done, and we can use anyone with a brain and the
willingness to do work :-). Take a look at the notes and logs and you
will see that you don't have to be a developer in order to be able to
make a difference. Assistance in inviting users and researchers to join
the WRN is of course also welcome. Spread the word. :-)

Best,

Erik