[Foundation-l] Board question

Chad Perrin perrin at apotheon.com
Fri Jun 10 13:21:59 UTC 2005

On Thu, Jun 09, 2005 at 02:01:58AM +0200, Angela wrote:

> > I would therefore appreciate assurance that any community members of the
> > Board will be again chosen by the community in an election should such a
> > situation arise
>
> I'd be happy for that to happen as long it was more than three months
> before the following election. If you want real assurance of this, the
> bylaws would need to change since they currently specify that the
> Board would make an appointment in such a situation. Asking for
> assurance from the current Board without changing the bylaws won't
> give you much of a guarantee since two of those members could be
> replaced in the upcoming election.

On the other hand, a "poll" (effectively an election) might be held to
pick who will be "appointed" by the board, if the board so chooses.
Just a thought.  The bylaws place ultimate veto authority in the hands
of the board, but don't (as far as I'm aware) actually preclude the
allowance of community involvement in the selection process.

These statements are mine alone and at least as likely to be based on
mistaken impressions as anyone else's interpretation(s).

--
Chad Perrin
[ CCD CopyWrite | http://ccd.apotheon.org ]