[Foundation-l] Re: vikipedija.org and vikimedija.org

Milos Rancic millosh at gmail.com
Tue Jun 7 07:56:33 UTC 2005

I updated it. (As well as I didn't know for that page :) )

In this moment I should write the basics of our legal act and to put
it for discussion on sr:, but I didn't do that. I'll do it in the next
couple of days... We have a lot of job on sr: because in the last
month or two we got a big number of new Wikipedians: it is great, but
we started to have a lot of copyright and POV problems; as well as we
are trying to stay as one community (i.e. to incorporate new
contributors).

Creation of local chapter would be just the beginning of our work. At
least three organization want to make significant contribution to
Serbian Wikipedia: (1) Project Rastko (http://www.rastko.org.yu/) with
Project Gutenberg Europe (http://pge.rastko.net/) wants to contribute
around _a_lot_ of articles from public domain sources. And not only
that: they would give a lot of articles to a number of Wikipedias in
smaller languages (like Rusyn, Kashubian, Roma, etc., even for some
native American languages). (2) Laboratory for Experimental Psychology
(where Jim spoke) wants to give to us dictionary with around 200.000
of words (forms; around 60.000 lexemes). (3) Ebart Documentation
Center (http://www.arhiv.co.yu) wants to give us all relevant
contemporary data about Serbia from 2000 up to present.

All of that was madden without any campaign. And only Ebart wish is
related to Jim's visit to Belgrade.

And we should handle all of that :)