[Foundation-l] Re: [Juriwiki-l] Re: Izynews? Sorry whom are they negotiating with

Angela beesley at gmail.com
Sun Jun 5 22:51:30 UTC 2005

(moving thread from juriwiki to foundation-l)

> I feel that we somehow should forbid our copiers to
> copy wikipedia: and user: pages they are not
> encyclopedic content. I hate the fact that my name is
> on their site and mentioned at google higher than mu
> usernamesite is at wikipedia.

Since the content of those namespaces is GFDL, we can't forbid anyone
using it. What we should be looking to do instead is to make it very
easy to copy just the main namespace, meaning mirrors would choose to
do that rather than using their current method of taking the whole
database. I know suggestions have been made for this before, so does
anyone know if there's a page on the wiki about creating some sort of
"mirror program" making it easy for reusers of our content to take the
content we want them to take, and making it easy for them to abide by
the GFDL?

Angela.