[Foundation-l] Re: 2M articles

David Gerard fun at thingy.apana.org.au
Wed Jun 1 16:30:23 UTC 2005

Anthere (anthere9 at yahoo.com) [050601 20:09]:
> Nicolas Weeger nicolas.weeger at laposte.net

>> IMO validation activation shouldn't be decided by Foundation, but directly by contributors.Nicolas

> Which is really good, because I do not think the Foundation has *ever* suggested it would do so.
> What makes you think it would ?

At the moment it's going in on en: because Magnus wrote the code and I and
others have pushed for it to be in 1.5 - plans for a "Wikipedia 1.0" use
some sort of distributed rating system. I presume it'll be on de: as well -
Mathias Schindler started [[m:De Validierungsthemen]], analogous to [[m:En
validation topics]].

That is: it's something that will show up in the new software. I'd be very
surprised if any of the top 10 wikis wouldn't benefit from some application
of it. Of course, they may want to wait to see how the trial goes first ;-)

- d.