[Foundation-l] Re: 2M articles

Anthere anthere9 at yahoo.com
Wed Jun 1 04:25:42 UTC 2005

Nod

But *this* announcement would not be a global one. Launching article
quality survey is of great interest for the english wikipedia due to its
size. It is of much reduced interest for smaller language (as the lack
of interest in validation topics by minor languages show in meta).

Wikipedias are at different stages of development. 2M global article can
help smaller languages get a press announcement. I am not sure they
would dare send a "quality survey" if their project is 11 254 articles.
Journalists are more likely to have a great laugh :-)

Ant