[Foundation-l] Issues regarding admin(s?) on wikinews, effects: globally

Erik Moeller erik_moeller at gmx.de
Wed Jul 6 06:09:50 UTC 2005

Kyle Lutze:
> let me clarify really fast:
> Erik is his real name
> Xirzon is his IRC nick
> Eloquence is his wikinews name
> Ida_mayhem is his bot name

Hi,

yes, things can be a bit confusing sometimes. I intend to change my
username to my real name once we have single login.

> Ok, I have now been informed that nGerda was blocked validly.

I'd be happy to post the relevant IRC log for anyone interested. I was
actually very reluctant to block Nick, because we get along quite well,
and because he has made many good contributions. However, I was the only
admin who was not involved in the dispute and who was available at the
time. 3RR is documented policy on Wikinews as it is on Wikipedia. I have
never blocked a sysop on Wikinews before, as far as I can remember. I
have also never created a sock puppet on a Wikimedia wiki, ever.

> As for the specific examples, I'm making those fools dig up evidence now
> as I'm a tad bit embarrassed that they told me lies in the first place.

There is a big brouhaha going on at the moment about Amgine's departure
and his plans for a new "Open Wikinews". Those who want to read the
whole mess can do it at
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikinews/Open_English
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Talk:Wikinews/Open_English

Meanwhile, I'm inviting an open discussion about the future of the
project, which I will announce separately.

Best,

Erik