[Foundation-l] donate to Wikimedia Deutschland

Walter Vermeir walter at wikipedia.be
Sun Jan 9 15:12:42 UTC 2005

Since the start of the donations I have find it a waste for using a system like
paypall. This because you need a credit card and for the transaction fees that
are high, specialy for small ammounts.

 1 $ - 0,33 $ for paypall = 0,67 $ Wikimedia
 5 $ - 0,45 $ for paypall = 4,55 $ Wikimedia

The normal way of paying something in europa is whit a bank transfer. The cost
of a banktransfer inside the euro-zone is mostly zero or very very small.

Now, whit Wikimedia Deutschland, there is a European bank account.
http://www.wikimedia.de/spenden.html

Only the german translation of the fundraising page gives the option to donate
to that bank account.

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising

I suggest to give much more attension to this donation channel. For the English
version of the fundraising page put it where there is now "Donate via postal
mail". Include the information that a transfer inside de euro-zone is the same
price like a normal national payment and that this is the cheapst way for you
and Wikimedia.

The fundraising pages in the languages that are members of the euro-zone should
make this the first option of payment.

Many Wikipedias do not have a translation of the donation page. The is not
helpful to get mony.

If there not translation yet you can make one. You need a account for the
foundation wiki;
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_site_feedback/request_for_an_account

Since the start of the donations I have find it a waste for using a system like
paypall. This because you need a credit card and for the transaction fees that
are high, specially for small amounts.

 1 $ - 0,33 $ for paypall = 0,67 $ Wikimedia
 5 $ - 0,45 $ for paypall = 4,55 $ Wikimedia

The normal way of paying something in Europa is whit a bank transfer. The cost
of a bank transfer inside the euro-zone is mostly zero or very very small
depending of your bank.

Now, whit Wikimedia Deutschland, there is a European bank account.
http://www.wikimedia.de/spenden.html

Only the German translation of the fund raising page gives the option to donate
to that bank account.

http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fundraising

I suggest to give much more attention to this donation channel. For the English
version of the fund raising page put it where there is now "Donate via postal
mail". Include the information that a transfer inside the euro-zone is the same
price like a normal national payment and that this is the cheapest way for you
and Wikimedia.

The fund raising pages in the languages that are members of the euro-zone
should make this the first option of payment.

Many Wikipedias do not have a translation of the donation page. That is not
helpful to get money.

If there not translation yet you can make one. You need a account for the
foundation wiki;
http://meta.wikimedia.org/wiki/Wikimedia_site_feedback/request_for_an_account

[[w:nl:gebruiker:walter]]