[Foundation-l] "Fair Use does not apply to DSM material or any other APA/APPI content." um, wtf?

Any File anysomefile at gmail.com
Wed Dec 21 16:48:55 UTC 2005

David Gerard wrote:

>         [Response re: DSM-IV-TR criteria (all identifiers removed,
> original forwarded to permissions at wikipedia.org):
>
>             We are inclined to deny Wikipedia permission to use our
> content as we do not allow anyone to alter our material and we do not
> want our material posted online. I can assure you that we have
> complete rights to our material and Fair Use does not apply to DSM
> material or any other APA/APPI content.

They want to keep for themselves they right of seling the definitions
and the right of chaning them.

I know that copyright apply only to intellectual right, not to facts.
I can not proibits people to publish that 14-Carbonuim-14 or
230-Thorium are radioactives.

If they claim that these definitions are covered by copyright rights
they are claming that they are ficticious, just like a text of a novel
is.

AnyFile