[Foundation-l] Donations: anonymous. vs. real name

kmf164 kmf164 at gmail.com
Mon Dec 19 23:08:43 UTC 2005

Brion,

Thanks.  The comment field would work.  I realize that any changes or new
ideas for the donation system wouldn't make it into this fundraising
campaign, anyway.

As for "people going around saying "I donated a bajillion dollars, therefore
my version of this article should be kept instead of yours". - you're right
and no way should anyone ever equate monetary donations with added
credentials for editing (these need to be earned through contributions of
time and knowledge).  But, it would be nice in my opinion, to nonetheless
make note of donations by users.  I think doing so would play into the idea
of the "gift economy" and help Wikimedia.

-Kmf164