[Foundation-l] Day 3 Fund Drive Report

Daniel Mayer maveric149 at yahoo.com
Mon Dec 19 03:13:40 UTC 2005

Copied from:
http://wikimediafoundation.org/wiki/Fund_drives/2005/Q4/Day_3

The equivalent of $16,285.68 USD was donated through PayPal on Day 3 of the fundraiser.  This is
an increase of $4727.94 over Day 2 and also an all time record for a single day in any fund drive
we've ever had. The previous record was $14,085.10 and was set on 24 August 2005 during our last
fund drive.

Here is the PayPal breakdown for Day 3:

 AUD    382.44    (287.02 USD)
 CAD 	1,007.10  (828.75 USD)
 EUR 	2,486.35  (3,020.14 USD)
 GBP 	612.22 	  (1,097.89 USD)
 JPY 	41,992.00 (379.40 USD)
 USD 	10,672.47
 Total 	16,285.68 USD

Copied from: http://fundraising.wikimedia.org/2005q4/index.php/2005-12-18/report/

==Selected donor comments==
Let's all thank everybody who donated on this day by reading their comments.
:See http://fundraising.wikimedia.org/2005q4/index.php/2005-12-18/detail/

Here are some that caught my eye (many great comments could not be included here):
*"Wikipedia is my browser's home page" by Maneesh Sahu
*"I am pleased to be able to contribute to what may be the most significant project in human
history." by Conrad Dunkerson
*"Wikipedia is the best website on the internet!" by Peter McGinley
*"Ich finde die Idee und vor allem das Ergebnis beeindruckend. Ich nutze es oft. Weitermachen!" by
Hermann Herz
*"Love Wikipedia! Most visted website on my computer! Keep up the good work!" by Ian Thompson
*"ma plus fidèle référence" by Celine Racicot
*"Wikimedia projects have helped me dozens of times. Now I'd like to help Wikimedia back." by
Asahiko Matsuda
*"Aidons la poursuite du savoir!" by Jacques Tremblay
*"Wikipedia is symbolic of what our modern society must be. Keep up the good work!" by Andrew
Engelbrecht
*"This site has allowed me to tap into the knowledge of experts in subjects from the most trivial
to the profound - thank you for this opportunity!" by Samantha Line
*"Wikipedia is one of the best things that happend to the world in the last years." by anonymous
*"Für Freies Wissen" by Werner Stefan
*"Wikipedia has helped me so much. I can't let anything happen to it." by Anthony White
*"My Christmas present to Wikipedia!" by Tom Maisey
*"I'll do whatever it takes to keep Wikimedia from corporate takeover." by anonymous
*"in loving memory of Άναξιμένης" by Michael
Linksvayer
*"Wikipedia gives me renewed faith in humanity." by anonymous
*"Life without Wikipedia would not be the same" by Mark Nathans
*"Bravo !" by anonymous

Some of my personal favorites:
*"Knowledge is priceless" by Gregory Cain
*"When I get rich I'll donate more! Thank you." by Efrem Rensi
*"Education is the only equalizer" by anonymous
*"for my children" by Asa Canaway

-- Daniel Mayer