[Foundation-l] irc.freenode.net -> chat.freenode.net and patience

Florence Devouard anthere at wikimedia.org
Sat Dec 17 11:59:13 UTC 2005

Hi

If you are of the same type than I, you may have had troubles to connect
to any of freenode channels for the past 15 hours or so.
It seems some irc clients mention the problem, others do not do anything
except for endlessly looking for the channel and not finding it (that
was my case).

It seems to be a spambot attack on freenode. You may try the channel
chat.freenode.net. It works.

Nevertheless, discussions are difficult to keep up with, due to users
endlessly automatically quitting and joining. Private channels are at
least working :-)

I only post this here to avoid being confused with a spammer, so please
have the information circulate as needed :-)

ant