[Foundation-l] Bangkok bid

Ray Saintonge saintonge at telus.net
Sat Dec 17 05:47:12 UTC 2005

Walter van Kalken wrote:

> Ray Saintonge wrote:
>
>> Walter van Kalken wrote:

>>> What on earth did I deserve such an answer for.
>>
>> Shouldn't you mean "What NOT on earth ..." :-)
>>
>> Ec
>
> No in response to a suggestion by you to make Africa the predestined
> continent I already put up a bid for bangkok. I treated you with
> respect I like to be treated back with respect it could be my lack of
> sleep but I am pretty pissed at SJ's answer especially in the light of
> him being at the current wikimania organising committee I find him
> ridiculing someone else's idea totally inappropriate and uncalled for.

In making a reference to Africa, I was certainly not aware that you had
already put in a bid for Bangkok.  But even if I had known it would not
have prevented me from saying that in this very preliminary stage.  Even
when I first raised such a possibility in Frankfort I had already
conceived of the possibility of an East Asian or Australian bid for
2007.  Bangkok did not come to mind, but I have no objection to going
there in 2007.

I took SJ's comments in jest, and responded accordingly.  No disrespect
was intended.

Ec