[Foundation-l] Bangkok bid

Delphine Ménard notafishz at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 17:54:44 UTC 2005

On 12/16/05, Walter van Kalken <walter at vankalken.net> wrote:

> No in response to a suggestion by you to make Africa the predestined
> continent I already put up a bid for bangkok. I treated you with respect
> I like to be treated back with respect it could be my lack of sleep but
> I am pretty pissed at SJ's answer....

Wow wow wow... please.

I think things have gotten a little out of hand here. But let me try
and explain. I believe Sj was rather amazed and excited than critical
at your proposal. And he adopted an artistic and  "lunar" way of
saying it. Which got, apparently, completely lost in translation. And
he didn't realize how wrong you could take it. And you didn't realize
that he didn't realize.

The never ending problem of not speaking the same language in the
first place. Being a non-native myself, I think I understood where you
could take it wrong. But I am sure it wasn't meant that way.

What you think, what you say, what I hear and what I understand...
between what you think and what I understand, there can be so many
interferences. Assume good faith is a good one in this case. Let the
anger fly at first, and answer "huh????". Because, indeed, Sj's post
was... "huh?" ;-). And Sj, for any lunar interventions, remember that
some of us live on this earth and speak another tongue ;-)

Best,

Delphine
PS. This said. Bangkok? WOHOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOOO !!! :DDDD
--
~notafish