[Foundation-l] Re: Bangkok bid

Anthere Anthere9 at yahoo.com
Fri Dec 16 11:46:10 UTC 2005

Walter van Kalken wrote:
> Ray Saintonge wrote:
>
>> Walter van Kalken wrote:

>>> What on earth did I deserve such an answer for.
>>

>> Shouldn't you mean "What NOT on earth ..." :-)
>>
>> Ec
>

> No in response to a suggestion by you to make Africa the predestined
> continent I already put up a bid for bangkok. I treated you with respect
> I like to be treated back with respect it could be my lack of sleep but
> I am pretty pissed at SJ's answer especially in the light of him being
> at the current wikimania organising committee I find him ridiculing
> someone else's idea totally inappropriate and uncalled for.
>
> Waerth/Walter

Hello

Three little points here.

First, I agree with Waerth that, Samuel, your comments appear quite
offending. It may be that you did not mean them to be and that it was
humor, but I fear it will not appear that way to many readers of the list.

Second and possibly more important point. There is currently no
organising committee per se. There is a group of interested individuals,
more or less involved in organising Wikimania 2006. Organisation, and in
particular leadership, will probably be clarified in a couple of days.

Third point. Sj being part of the "current" most involved individuals
will not necessarily mean he will be in 2007. Nor any of the current
"organisers". I'd say, go your way and prepare a good bid for 2007 if
you think it is doable.