[Foundation-l] Bangkok bid

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Fri Dec 16 04:26:30 UTC 2005

And I suppose Wikimania 2011 will end up being at McMurdo Station.  It
will take some working up to.  [Then 2012 : in orbit?  There was
something about a sub-orbital bid.  And depending on what the next
World Age brings -- Revelation...  Apokemon... Xists -- 2013 may be
something completely different.]

-- sj

On 12/15/05, Walter van Kalken <walter at vankalken.net> wrote:
> oscar wrote:
>
> >are you serious? i'd love the idea!
> >
> >oscar
> >

> Yes I am,
>
> We had a wikipedia presentation last week on a congress for teachers. We
> were invited there by a wikipedian (Korakot) who works for the Thailand
> Knowledge Management Institute (KMI) ... kinda the Thai version of
> Kennisnet ... who sponsored us for that congress. He says he is sure he
> can find sponsors from KMI and thinks others are sure. It all started
> with a discussion on how to get Jimbo to Thailand. Another Thai
> wikipedian (TouTou) who is a university teacher and was also helping
> with the presentation then said she had organised congresses already and
> that her university has facilities but that congressspace is cheap and
> aplenty in Thailand anyway. So we have two persons who have experience
> in the field. And one village idiot (me) so that seems enough to start a
> serious bid because people will always offer help once the train starts
> rolling.
>
> Waerth/Walter

++SJ