[Foundation-l] Closer look at Nature's results

Scott Keir scottkeir at yahoo.co.uk
Thu Dec 15 23:17:59 UTC 2005

On Thursday, December 15, 2005, at 08:03  pm,
foundation-l-request at wikimedia.org wrote:
> I think that the "Nature" article was largely sympathetic.  Our best
> response would be to review the articles surveyed to make whatever
> corrections are needed, or even to make corrections that they failed to
> notice as well.

The Nature article is very sympathetic - and there's an editorial in
the current issue of Nature encouraging scientists to contribute to
Wikipedia.
http://www.nature.com/nature/journal/v438/n7070/index.html#Editorial
"Wiki's wild world p890
Researchers should read Wikipedia cautiously and amend it
enthusiastically.
doi:10.1038/438890a"

(apologies if this has been discussed already - I just get the digest,
so may be a bit behind)

Scott