[Foundation-l] Jimbo's fantasy...

Kyle Lutze kylelutze at cox.net
Tue Dec 13 16:12:15 UTC 2005

Delirium wrote:
> Kyle Lutze wrote:
>
>> On a more general note, it would be really cool to get more paid
>> people onboard, such as Tim Starling, and some editors that'll
>> complete stubs. maybe even some sort of bounty system for the articles
>> that could use being done but nobody wants to do?
>

> Paid developers, sure.  Someone needs to make sure that the money is
> being allocated where it's needed (buying hardware versus developing
> software, and if the latter, what software and who), but there isn't any
> sort of huge problem with it.
>
> Paying editors is another matter.  In principle I would support it, but
> we have to be *very* careful that it doesn't cause all sorts of
> collateral problems, from people gaming any sort of bounty system to get
> paid for crap work, to distortions in the community that might cause
> greater harm than the paid writers help.  It's not impossible to do
> right, but I think it may be hard enough to not be worth it.
>
> -Mark

For the developers, I know there isn't a huge problem with it, but I was
just thinking, something to show that we really appreciate all of their
hard work :)

For the editors, yeah, I know. I thought about that before hand too.
I'll leave it alone since that subject is basically beating a dead horse.

But, what about the other idea?!

Kyle