[Foundation-l] Jihad in Defense of Objectivity (Was: Enforcing WP:CITE)

SJ 2.718281828 at gmail.com
Wed Dec 7 14:25:39 UTC 2005

On Wed, 7 Dec 2005, Anthony DiPierro wrote:
> On 12/6/05, Jonathan Leybovich <jleybov at yahoo.com> wrote:
> > Anthony DiPierro wrote:
> >
> >Maybe complicated isn't what I'm looking for.  But
> > consider the
> > following and whether or not you'd enjoy editing it
> > by hand:
> >
> >'''Roy [[cite:ISBN:123456789:p. 7|"Roy Orbison's
> > middle name is
> >Kelton"|"Kelton"]] Orbison'''

No, this isn't the kind of markup you want to see when you 'edit this
page', though you could make it editable-by-hand at some deep level.

Yes, there should be a separate references page.

One piece of markup you *do* want to see in the regular page-editing is an
auto-citation generator that will subst: in the default cite for a given
ISBN or other identifier... just to save time.

Yes, having auto-generated References and Footnotes sections should be
possible... though you would also want a manually-edited subsection of