[Foundation-l] Jihad in Defense of Objectivity (Was: Enforcing WP:CITE)

Jonathan Leybovich jleybov at yahoo.com
Wed Dec 7 02:25:10 UTC 2005

> Anthony DiPierro wrote:
>
>Maybe complicated isn't what I'm looking for.  But
> consider the
> following and whether or not you'd enjoy editing it
> by hand:
>
>'''Roy [[cite:ISBN:123456789:p. 7|"Roy Orbison's
> middle name is
>Kelton"|"Kelton"]] Orbison'''
> ([[cite:ISBN:123456789:p.9|"He was born
>in Foo, Bar on April 23 of 1936"|"[[April 23]],
> [[1936]]"]] –
>[[cite:ISBN:123456789:p.11|"He died that same year,
> on the 6th of
>December"|"[[December 6]], [[1988]]"]]),
>[[cite:ISBN:123456789:p.13|"They called him "The
> Big O""|"nicknamed
>"The Big O""]], was ...

Yes, that is extremely hairy.  I'll try and come up
with something more manageable and post it on the Meta
project site for review.

Ray Saintonge wrote:

> Perhaps.  When I asked my own question about what
> the rest of us can do
> I was not interested in a lot of theoretical
> material about what library
> scientists put into card catalogues.  I was
> considering the point of
> view of a normal Wikipedian (assuming such an animal
> exists) who is
> about to write an article and who already has
> adequate references that
> he is ready, willing and able to use.

Useability feedback is certainly helpful.  And as I
said before, people can help by thinking about the
kind of features they would want out of such a system-
what information should it be able to provide?  What
is the best way to present it?  My proposal is really
only based on my own experiences as an editor, so this
sort of feedback will be extremely helpful.